Senior Leadership Position
Based in Armadale
About Our Client
Lauriston Girls' School is one of Australia's most successful and innovative independent girls' schools. The school is based in the Melbourne suburb of Armadale and caters for students from 3 year old Kindergarten to Year 12.
Lauriston's educational vision is to be a School for Life. We consider education to be a journey and recognise that students' needs change at each stage of their personal journey. There is no typical educational journey; each journey is as unique as the girl who takes it.
Our goal is to provide rigorous, innovative and engaging academic and co-curricular programs. We work collaboratively with parents, students, staff and external thought-leaders to ensure that we provide a world-leading education for our students.
The ICT Manager will be responsible for:
- Delivery of the Digital Intent 2030 document - actively contribute to the delivery of the digital intent 2030 document, particularly in the areas of infrastructure, digital fabrication, new and emerging technologies.
- ICT Resource and Budget Management
- ICT Coordination and management of Information Services
- Management of schools network performance and reliability
- Ensure system security - maintain overall network and internet security through management of software for anti-spam, anti-virus and web filtering.
- Manage ICT Disaster recovery
- Management of schools digital devices for students and staff
- Management of schools desktop and support infrastructure
- Leadership and management of the integration of digital devices in learning and teaching
- Lead and develop the ICT team
The Successful Applicant
The ICT Manager will ideally possess the following:
- Degree in IT or experience working in the education sector
- Experience managing or directing an IT operation
- Extensive knowledge of implementation, migration and support of Microsoft servers, Active Directory, SQL and IIS
- Solid understanding of wireless networks including VLAN architecture, TCP/IP networks, VPNs and firewalls
- Solid understanding of Virtual environments VMware
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and resolve technical issues effectively and in a timely manner
- Experience with SharePoint
- Proficiency in Synergetic Schools Management System, scripting languages will be preferred
- Experience in strategic and operational planning and execution
- Experience with network design and development from business requirements analysis through to operations and support
- Project management experience
- Strong leadership and demonstrated competence in developing and coaching an IT team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a permanent opportunity based in Armadale.