- A competitive hourly rate of $100 per hour
- Opportunity to work with one of the biggest Government Departments in QLD
About Our Client
Our client is committed to ensuring Queenslanders have the education and skills they need to contribute to the economic and social development of Queensland. The Department delivers world class education services for people at every stage of their personal and professional development. We are also committed to ensuring our education systems are aligned to the state's employment, skills and economic priorities. The Department is a diverse organisation with the one of the largest work forces in the state.
- Provide and assist in the delivery of quality procurement advice and services for procurement planning activities including sourcing documentation development, release and evaluation processes and contract negotiation, formation, management and administration activities.
- Provide advice to clients in a relevant, timely and accurate manner on matters relating to the procurement function.
- Maintain a detailed documentary record of procurement processes, decisions and contractual arrangements undertaken ensuring the audit trail is adequately maintained and documented for probity, accountability and audit purposes.
- Ensuring procurement processes have been undertaken in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and the Queensland Procurement Policy.
- Research and prepare submissions, reports, briefing materials and correspondence.
- Contribute to a high level of professional practice in the Procurement Services Branch by maintaining a good knowledge of contemporary procurement strategies, policies and practices and an awareness of Government priorities and initiatives that have implications for the procurement function
The Successful Applicant
- Sound working knowledge of Queensland Government's Procurement Policy or equivalent, processes, legislation, tender and contracting procedures.
- Sound working knowledge of the Queensland Information Technology Contracting (QITC) Framework.
- Well organised, able to multi-task with demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, effectively manage competing priorities and remain agile in a fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills, with well-developed interpersonal skills, negotiation and conflict management skills, prepare complex procurement documentation and reports and engage with team members and departmental staff.
- Demonstrated high level of computer literacy, including standard office software packages as such MS Office products.
- Previous experience with ICT procurement projects.
What's on Offer
- 6 month contract (with the possibility of extension)
- $90-$100 per hour
- WFH flexibility 2 days a week