Indirect Category Manager
Newly created role
Develop your skills while working closely with senior leaders & mentors
About Our Client
Our client is a fast moving consumer goods company that has seen significant growth and is now focused on efficiency's in the procurement and supply chain areas.
With a major need in the indirect procurement categories, this role be what you make it.
As the Indirect Category Manager you will ultimately be responsible for full end to end category management of general indirects across the company.
You will be able to articulate examples of strong stakeholder management, category management, negotiation, developing your categories with cost savings and better business practice.
Your experience will include but not be limited to:
- Manage contracts, recognise savings and implement cost saving procedures
- Interact with internal and external stakeholders, keeping them onside and manage their expectations
- Liaise with other managers and teams on a weekly / fortnightly basis, to ensure budgets and projections are met
- Present findings to the senior management, with rectification plans, should they be required
- Uphold and overall procurement processes, best practice and policies, should it be required
- This role will have a large amount of autonomy, requiring the successful candidate to have a drive to succeed and overachieve on set targets.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should have significant experience working within the Food, FMCG or Consumer Industry and have previous indirect procurement category experience
Utilising your experience in this category you will have:
- Previous experience in utilities, corporate services, fixed asset procurement, FM and other general indirect categories, focusing on a similar sized role
- Track record of procurement process improvement, contracts management and achieving success through procurement
- Positives references leaving the procurement department in better shape than when you found it
What's on Offer
Attractive salary, fantastic south east suburbs location, longer term development reporting to the Head of Procurement.