- Work in the head office for NHVR leading a small team of Information Specialists
- Be responsible to create, implement & manage an Information Management Framework
About Our Client
The National Heavy Vehicle Regulator (NHVR) commenced operations in 2013 as a national entity responsible for regulating all vehicles in Australia over 4.5 tonnes gross vehicle mass. Located in Brisbane, the NHVR minimises the compliance burden on the heavy vehicle transport industry, reduces duplication and inconsistencies across state and territory borders, and ultimately for the heavy vehicle business with government in Australia.
The Information Management and Security Manager will be responsible to create, implement and manage an Information Management Framework concentrating on the domains of Security, Governance, Records, Data and Privacy. This includes drafting, implementing and auditing the policies, standards and procedures for information compliance with relevant legislation in regard to security, privacy, secrecy and confidentiality.
Key accountabilities include:
- Maturing the information management practices at NHVR in guiding the understanding and responsibilities associated with the management of information.
- Manages the life cycle of an extensive inventory of information assets.
- Reviews proposals for new digital initiatives and provides specialist advice on information management, including advice on and promotion of collaborative working and assessment and management of information-related risk.
- Works with the business to understand and gain knowledge on information practices and value of the information.
- Work with the relevant technology focused teams in the management of information related requirements for each.
- Manage a team of information specialists.
- Implement ISO 27001 and appropriate controls relating to PCI DSS, PSPF, ASD's ISM and NIST
- Develop, maintain and implement relevant information security policies and procedures. Monitoring compliance and undertaking regular reviews.
- Maintain reliable, up-to-date information from across the industry regarding information security operations, to include actionable intelligence pertaining to new/existing threats and critical action plans, and incorporate those facts and findings into an operational response.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for the role, we are looking for applicants who demonstrate the following:
- A tertiary qualification from an Australian higher education institution or a recognised equivalent with a preference for qualification(s) in Information Technology; Information Management; and/or Information Security
- Knowledge and application of compliance elements including PSPF: ISO 27001; ASD's ISM, Privacy and PCI DSS.
- Experience in developing the Information Practice within an organisation or government body
- Experience in strategically, tactically and operationally strengthening an organisations security posture.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value of information and the application of classification, categorisation, treatments and security controls across the assets.
- Demonstrated pragmatic approach to management of information across an organisation
- Minimum 5 years' experience within a similar role where Information Management was a core responsibility within the organisation.
- A positive, problem solving, customer and outcomes focused attitude
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary package
- Contract opportunity for up to three years in length
- Newstead location on the Brisbane CBD fringe
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Work for an organisation whose core values are based around people matter and putting their customers first.
- Be pivotal in defining the information management strategy in an evolving organisation.