Information Security Officer
6 month contract
Project in start up phase
About Our Client
Our Client is an independent agency combating major issues within the Queensland community and due to the sensitive nature this will be omitted from the ad.
The Information Security Officer is responsible for:
- Undertake an assessment to determine the information classification and understand the threat profile (business risk) of our clients hosted applications and information holdings to inform the as-a-service program of work that is currently assessing where IT workloads are able to be hosted.
- Provide expert information security advice and practical solutions to ICT and project staff, senior management and key stakeholders.
- Implement an Information Security framework that addresses audit, risk and issue, and compliance with Australian Government Protective Security Policy Framework.
- Manage the development procedures, controls and guidelines for multiple platforms and diverse system environments including solutions for ICT network security and ensure their compliance.
- Undertake detailed ICT security risk assessments on new and existing infrastructure and services (e.g. on premise, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, BUaaS, Private and Public Cloud) including recommending mitigation strategies and designing practical business process and technical solutions.
- Manage incident response planning and coordinate ICT security activities for the Program including establish and manage virtual teams, regular security audits, intrusion prevention, vulnerability management, detection systems, border and gateway security, incident assessment and investigation and reporting on serious ICT security breaches, ensuring all identified breaches in security are promptly and thoroughly investigated.
- Establish strong working relationships and communicate security related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical clients, key stakeholders and external consultants in a confidential manner and develop Information Security Awareness Training programs for staff.
The Successful Applicant
Basis for selection
The candidate is expected to demonstrate proven knowledge, experience, skills and ability against the following selection criteria:
Demonstrated sound knowledge and experience in the management of projects.
Proven ability to undertake detailed ICT security risk assessments on new and existing infrastructure and services (e.g. on premise, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, BUaaS, Private and Public Cloud) including recommending mitigation strategies and designing practical business process and technical solutions.
Demonstrated skill and experience in providing expert information security advice and practical solutions to ICT and project staff, senior management and key stakeholders
High level written and oral communication and interpersonal skills demonstrated by a superior ability in consultation, networking, negotiation, partnering, documentation and advocacy and influence to achieve outcomes.
What's on Offer
Whats on offer :
- You will gain exposure to some unique projects that will have a poistive impact on the wider community.
- Potential to be a long term contract
- CBD location
- Submissions close on 2nd September