12 month fixed term contract
About Our Client
This is a newly created position and an opportunity to join a multinational organisation. Initially it is a 12-month fixed term contract with the view to be extended or made permanent. The organisation is embarking on an exciting journey and they are looking for a well-rounded engineer to join their team.
As the Infrastructure Engineer, you will be responsible for administration, project delivery, maintenance of the Microsoft windows server, cloud, desktop environment and general IT responsibilities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Providing technical guidance, support, expert advice and mentoring involved in the transformation of operational support of a diverse range of applications and Azure Cloud infrastructure
- Perform 1st and 2nd level troubleshooting (when required) and support to resolution of all IT related incidents and requests
- Discussions with Group IT Head office on new and emerging software technologies, products, methods, techniques and services
- Assist in Introducing the use of techniques, methodologies, tools and services while aligning project delivery and approved business requirements
- Create and manage user accounts for staff and ensure the appropriate level of access to shared drives and other network resources
- Performing system maintenance and administration activities
- Ensuring hardware/software applications are operational
- Troubleshoot and Resolve System issues
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will ideally possess the following:
- Previous experience in an IT Infrastructure position
- Strong experience with Windows Server, Active Directory, Hyper V, Exchange and Telephony Services
- Systems knowledge with a hands-on approach to maintaining, developing and implementing IT hardware and software
- Experience in the implementation of MS System Centre for the management of security patching, software management, Group Policy management etc.
- Office 365 implementation and support experience
- Problem solving approach
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to engage effectively at all levels
- Relevant IT certifications (e.g. Certificates in Palo Alto and Fortinet, Microsoft, Exchange, Azure)
What's on Offer
On offer is a very exciting opportunity with a multinational organisation. You will be afforded the opportunity to take complete ownership and accountability of the organisation's infrastructure uplift.