Interactive / Interaction Designer
New Role, Digital Product Project
Immediate Start - 6mth + 6 mth ext.
About Our Client
The agency's purpose is to lead digital transformation to make Australian government services simple, quick and personalised. The agency has wide-ranging accountabilities including whole-of-government digital strategy, policy and advice, delivery of whole-of-government platforms and technologies as well as digital skills development and sourcing.
- Work closely with the service designer and user researcher to reduce risk by regularly releasing and improving parts of the service and test and iterate frequently to meet user needs.
- Help shape and build the product solution with responsibility of the product's day-to-day design requirements, informed by user feedback.
- Lead and coordinate uplift in user design capability and understanding to deliver services that better meet user needs and service expectations.
- Build continual improvements in service design and user research practices across the product team and the agency.
- Work with the product manager and service / interactive designers to prioritise work to meet user needs.
- Assist product team in the development of service design plans to ensure user-centred product and project success.
The Successful Applicant
The suitable candidate will:
- Initially be required to work remotely, in the longer term onsite, as part of the team at the Digital Transformation Agency.
- Have extensive experience working in Agile, ideally experience with the Commonwealth Digital Service Standard (DSS).
- Attend and actively participate in project planning events as required. And deliver work in a self-managing multi-disciplined team environment.
What's on Offer
- Immediate Start
- Competitive hourly rate
- Federal Government contract opportunity
- Work across new and exciting digital government projects