Internal Audit - Associate Director
A high profile Internal Audit role working for a top Government Agency
Must be an Australian Citizen to apply for role
About Our Client
My client is is an independent statutory agency which focuses on helping to deliver a government programme across Australia.
Key duties of the Internal Audit - Associate Director include:
- Providing advice to Agency staff and management on auditing matters.
- Effective use of auditing systems and processes.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on auditing matters.
- Perform internal audits in compliance with The International Professional Practices Framework and internal methodologies.
- Assisting the Chief Internal Auditor scope and conduct investigations and report findings.
- Communicate and negotiate audit findings with management.
- Increase Agency-wide awareness and education of auditing functions.
- Supporting the Australian National Audit Office (ANAO) in their investigations and requests.
- Supporting the Agency corporate plan and strategic programs.
- Lead change and deal with uncertainty in a positive and flexible manner, sharing information with others to assist them to adapt
- Be accountable for managing allocated resources and adherence to work area priorities, process and quality improvements, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes
- Plan, lead and manage very complex audits of programs, processes, systems and functions to provide assurance that risks facing the agency are being properly addressed and managed
- Review and prepare papers and reports, discuss findings with stakeholders, and provide guidance and development to others in the preparation of internal audits
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with clients, stakeholders, partnerships and networks to exchange information, resolve issues and deliver a range of audit activities across the Agency
- Provide expert advice and recommendations on a range of very complex Internal Audit issues where established guidelines and procedures may not exist
- Interpret and comply with internal auditing standards, policies, strategies, and business/team plans and apply and promote relevancy to work activities performed in the work area
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant to the Internal Audit - Associate Director role will have the following skills:
- Must have previous experience in Internal Audit (external audit only backgrounds will not be considered)
- Ideally will have experience of conducting Internal Audits within Financial Services sector
What's on Offer
The role will be an open ended rolling contract paying $520 - $570 per day.