Internal Audit Manager | Canberra, ACT | up to $125k
Leading national firm is expanding their internal audit team in Canberra
Ideal opportunity to move into a senior role in a smaller team environment
About Our Client
Based in the capital city of Canberra, one of the most liveable cities in the world, you could live and work in a city where work/life balance is attainable. Minimal traffic, award winning restaurants, top schools, an expanding coffee culture, and the city-feel within a country setting, what more would you need?
This firm has established themselves as a key service provider to clients in both the public and private sectors, including the NFP sector. With a large national footprint and offices across Australia, they offer the opportunity to collaborate across different teams to expand your skills and exposure.
Forming part of a smaller team in Canberra, you have the opportunity to work closely with your clients in a collaborative team where you are able to mentor and train junior staff. Excellent work is rewarded and promotions happen often, offering an environment where you can move up the ranks and be recognised for hard work.
As Internal Audit Manager, you will work closely with the Directors and be responsible for the Internal Audit engagements.
Together with the team, you will have various responsibilities on a variety of engagements and be responsible for the following:
- Develop annual internal audit plans
- Risk analysis and compliance
- Ensure accounting procedures are accurately implemented
- Facilitate risk workshops and risk assessments
- Reviewing audit work papers
- Testing controls
- Governance and regulatory compliance
This role requires excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to articulate audit findings into meaningful and detailed reports. You will also have the ability to supervise a team and ensure accurate billing and timely close of projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Completed professional qualification (CA/CPA/IIA)
- Relevant local Australian experience within a similar senior role in audit and assurance
- Excellent knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and Australian Audit Standards
What's on Offer
- Genuine flexibility and a culture that supports a work/life balance
- Tangible and transparent career progression
- Continuous internal and external training in Canberra and interstate for technical skills and soft skills
- Engaging team culture with national team events, training and seminars
- Central & Modern offices
*Due to the nature of work and requirements from their federal government clients, Australian Citizenship is required coupled with relevant local experience