Leading retail company
Unique opportunity with career progression
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Australian retail business providing consumers with quality range of products with value. Their expertise spans across fresh produce, merchandise and petrol. Their offices are newly renovated, and their facilities include undercover parking, onsite gym and cafes. They believe in supporting a flexible working environment and provide internal staff benefits.
The key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure organisation complies with internal regulations and established control protocol
- Maintain and cultivate a master inventory of our businesses policies, practices and processes
- Reconcile documentation with actual inventory or assets to ascertain accuracy
- Improve customer care by initiating improvements to the financial control and auditing process
- Perform inquiries and testing as needed to identify and resolve vulnerabilities
- Develop new audit programs to ensure adequate financial control
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts
- Plan internal client meetings and oversee financial disclosures
- Make recommendations to financial management about software, policies and audit triggers
- Create and update internal audit plan
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit's results and document process
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Presents summarised findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs
- Assesses best financial practices for an organisation and makes relevant, informed suggestions
- Evaluating the company's compliance program and risk management approaches
The Successful Applicant
- Experienced Auditor CPA/CA qualified
- Minimum 5-7 years Audit experience (including internal audit in FMCG/retail).
- Proactive, reliable, self-motivated team player who consistently produces work of a high standard.
- Commercial thinker who thrives in a fast paced and evolving environment and have proven capacity to self-manage numerous projects.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders; and excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Relevant commercial experience in complex business environments is desirable.
What's on Offer
- $100,000 - $104,000 + Superannuation
- Opportunity to join an iconic retail brand
- Dynamic and flexible working environment
- On-site gym and undercover parking