- Exciting new opportunity to work for local council in the northern suburbs
- Servicing an internal audience, working collaboratively with Comms & P&C
About Our Client
My client is one of the fastest growing municipalities in Australia and, as a local government organisation, they play a pivotal role in the everyday lives of more than 200,000 community members. They are committed to providing high quality advice to council and providing the community with value-for-money, quality services that are relevant and meet community needs.
The main purpose of this role is to develop and implement an internal communications strategy ad plans that support staff engagement and connection to the organisations vision, goals and priorities. This role provides strategic advice, manages internal communications activities and channels and identifies new ways of engaging with diverse staffing groups.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of an evidence-based internal communications strategy that supports employee engagement, positive culture and connection to organisational vision, goals and priorities.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders to lead the creation and delivery of high-quality internal communication plans, activities and content.
- Grow internal channels including digital platforms, publications and forums including the production and management of live stream events.
- Establish and administer consistent guidelines, practices and procedures for communicating internally.
- Build and maintain effective internal working relationships.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to continuously improve the intranet platform and ensure content is relevant, engaging and timely.
- Contribute to internal communications planning and support for change management activities.
The Successful Applicant
This role requires someone who has worked in a similar position, managing internal communications for a large and complexed organisation. You will work collaboratively with a variety of internal teams, building and maintaining key stakeholder relationships across the organisation. For your application to be successful, you will have proven experience within a similar role and confidently be able to maintain a good understanding of innovative communications practices and change management trends to effectively advise and support internally facing services.
Key selection criteria:
- Five plus years in a corporate or government communications role with significant experience in developing and delivering effective evidence-based internal comms strategies.
- Demonstrated experience producing high quality content for a wide range of internal audiences across multiple channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience developing and managing communication channels including intranet, electronic newsletter, video conferencing for online forums, other creative print and digital applications.
What's on Offer
This is a permanent opportunity to work for one of Melbourne's largest councils. You will gain invaluable experience working for this organisation as they continue to navigate through a digital transformation and continue to improve the services offered to the community. You will work as part of a successful and collaborative team and receive flexible working offerings.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please email your CV to ''.