International Sales Engineer
Global Travel Opportunities
Exciting new technologies
About Our Client
Our client is a well-regarded business, invested in the manufacturing and sale of quality radio communication solutions for emergency services - Police, Ambulance, Fire that help save lives. This role is based in the Eastern Suburbs and you will service areas throughout the world including the Middle East, South East Asia, Southern Africa, Australia and the USA - plus other countries introduced from time to time.
Working autonomously, you will be self-disciplined and resilient, though you will be supported by your specialist manager and a team of people who are only a phone call away. You will be provided with an effective suite of business tools to support your success.
This is a technical sales role and an understanding of RF solutions or radio communication systems would be highly advantageous. However, it is not essential.
The primary objectives of this role include:
- Deliver masterful product demonstrations that inspire compelling action by distributor and customer stakeholders
- Liaise with the Global Sales Director to develop and implement specific sales tactics aligned to the company's strategic plan
- Co-ordinate, support and drive existing distribution partner channels to help close sales orders through proposals and tender responses
- Establish and nurture trusting relationships with global Distributors and their customers
- Provide sales reports to the Global Sales Director and other commercial data to support your distribution partners
- Channel the needs from distributors and customers back into the organization, in order to identify potential new product development that satisfy market demands
- Be knowledgeable of competitor activity
- Deliver technical product knowledge to Distributors and their respective sales, installation and support teams.
The Successful Applicant
- The desire to be successful
- A quantifiable track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets
- Commercial acumen and strong business development skills
- A structured approach to sales with an understanding of call cycles, sales plans, timeline management and activity levels
- Competence in technical system design and deployment
- The ability to engage and liaise with multi-cultural and multi-national personnel
- An Australian Passport - must be prepared to travel internationally at least two weeks away monthly
- The necessary family / home structure which permits the extent of international travel necessary to perform successfully
- Current driver's license
- Good presentation and effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Windows/Office PC skills.
- Technical knowledge in RF or radio communication systems is desirable
- Experience working with government and familiarity with their procurement protocols is viewed favourably.
What's on Offer
- Attractive base salary plus super & incentives based on performance (qualifying period applies).
- Company phone and laptop are provided.
- Comprehensive induction training and mentoring is provided.