South East Suburbs
Newly Created Leadership Role
About Our Client
PFD Food Services is Australia's largest privately owned Food Service Company, proudly supplying quality fresh, frozen and dry products to approximately 55,000 customers across Australia (www.pfdfoods.com.au). Now with around 70 branches in metropolitan and regional areas of Australia, we have a strong record of business growth.
We will be moving into a new, soon to be completed state of the art distribution centre in Knoxfield, Melbourne . This is the state hub which services both metropolitan Melbourne and the wider Victorian regional branches. This site has approximately 180 employees and is an important part of the overall PFD business.
The Inventory Manager will oversee the entire inventory function, with a focus on implementing best practice processes and methodologies to deliver efficiency gains and drive profitability. In addition to this, the following responsibilities will fall under this role:
- Provide leadership and direction to Inventory Controllers, including performance appraisals and recruitment with guidance from the Site Manager
- Establish best practice and oversee the development of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure staff operate at the required standard
- Overall accountability of a large range of perishable SKU's
- Full accountability of inventory integrity, stocktake program and audit outcomes in line with service level agreements
- Full accountability of the distribution centre's slotting program, ensuring all stock is optimally located in order to drive picking efficiencies and minimise replenishment effort, reducing damages and stock loss
- Co-ordination of the stock cycle counting program
- Ensure all stock conforms to the required standards, including labelling, dimensional accuracy and location of product
- Oversee the miscellaneous and buy in procedure to ensure integrity of stock movement through the distribution centre
- Ensure HACCP, quality and food safety requirements are met
- Full accountability of inventory adjustments
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have prior experience in managing high inventory levels in a fast paced cold chain environment. In addition to this, the following skills and experience are necessary for consideration:
- Strong ability to lead and direct a team and collaborate cross functionally
- Excellent knowledge of end to end operational, warehouse, distribution and inventory functions
- Proven experience in managing a complex, multi-channel, multi-service level environment, which is highly customer focused
- Strong ability to analyse internal practices and establish best practice and SOP's
- Strong ability to achieve efficiencies through process mapping and delivery of continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, OH&S regulations and cold storage processes
- Strong business acumen with proven experience in managing inventory adjustments
- A structured, planned approach to work with high levels of verbal and written Communication
- Strong computer literacy and experience in using tier 1 WMS
What's on Offer
An appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right person to this role.
Please note Michael Page Supply Chain & Logistics have been retained to manage this recruitment process, all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page for their consideration.