Investment Operations Analyst
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading Financial Services firm, with an opportunity available within the Melbourne CBD team. The high performing team pride themselves on high standards and in doing so they have outstanding timely and accurate results. Team work and communication have pivotal to the role as well as a strong focus on development and continuous learnings.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will be supporting the finance team, in so performing the following responsibilities:
- Investment cash flow management - including financial settlement, progressive drawdowns and similar payments to or from clients;
- Timely investment portfolio analysis, reporting and communication;
- Investment liquidity management and forecasting, to ensure that sufficient and appropriate cash resources are available to meet client requirements;
- Daily monitoring, co-ordination and supervision of external portfolio administration service provider, including timely provision of transaction data to support timely recording, reconciliation and reporting by the external portfolio administration service provider;
- Month-end review of portfolio reporting generated by the external administration service provider, including client reporting;
- Preparation of data for the portfolio management teams' monthly investment monitoring reports;
- Investor commitment cash flow management - including daily management of capital calls, repayments, calculation of entitlements and similar investor-related transaction management activities, including reporting and communication (unless these are performed by an external service provider);
- Regular monitoring and supervision of external service providers, including periodic reviews of performance against service level agreements and site visits;
- Supporting the Head of Operations with onboarding new external service providers and systems; and
- Preparation, maintenance and periodic review of operational checklists, workflow documents and manuals.
- Identify opportunities to enhance business processes and take ownership for their effective design and implementation (for example, portfolio monitoring reporting and analysis).
- Identify opportunities to innovate (for example, digitize a manual process), introduce new systems or operational methodologies and support the Head of Operations in their implementation.
The Successful Applicant
* Exceptional numeracy and attention to detail;
* Ability to generate insights from portfolio data;
* Acts with integrity;
* Team player;
* Enjoys working independently within a well-structured team;
* Proven ability to work well in a high-pressure environment and consistently meet deadlines;
* Hungry to develop, grow and make a positive impact in a growing business;
* Takes ownership and holds themselves accountable for their responsibilities and duties; and
* Comfortable being at the coalface and hands-on at all times
* Credit, structured finance or similar investment administration (investment management background preferable but other financial services will be considered);
* Demonstrated experience working with outsourced service providers;
* Client-centric approach;
* Must have strong Microsoft Excel skills; and
* Relevant finance, accounting or commerce qualifications.
What's on Offer
The ability to work autonomously and within a team, with a focused attitude and a willingness to add value will be rewarded with a highly competitive remuneration package and increased responsibilities. You will be operating in a team which will offer diverse learning opportunities and the ability to progress within the company, with a strong focus on growing your commercial acumen.