This is an ongoing role with a chance to help build a function from scratch
Excellent work life balance on offer with great working environment
About Our Client
My client are a respected Government Agency who are in the process of building out their Internal Audit function. They have fantastic offices based in the Melbourne CBD and have a great working environment and flexible working hours.
The IT Auditor will have the following responsibilities:
- Recommending technical and non-technical improvements to IT systems, technical reviews such as: Technology projects; IT general controls; IT governance; change management etc. Communicate and negotiate audit findings with management.
- Increase awareness and education of auditing functions.
- Supporting the corporate plan and strategic programs.
- Lead change and deal with uncertainty in a positive and flexible manner, sharing information with others to assist them to adapt
- Be accountable for managing allocated resources and adherence to work area priorities, process and quality improvements, developing strategies and evaluating business outcomes
- Plan, lead and manage very complex audits of programs, processes, systems and functions to provide assurance that risks facing the agency are being properly addressed and managed
- Review and prepare papers and reports, discuss findings with stakeholders, and provide guidance and development to others in the preparation of IT audits
- Build and sustain collaborative relationships with clients, stakeholders, partnerships and networks to exchange information, resolve issues and deliver a range of audit activities across the organisation.
- Provide expert advice and recommendations on a range of very complex IT audit issues where established guidelines and procedures may not exist
- Interpret and comply with internal auditing standards, policies, strategies, and business/team plans and apply and promote relevancy to work activities performed in the work area
The Successful Applicant
The successful IT Auditor will have the following skills and experience:
- Extensive experience in IT audits across, IT projects; IT general controls; IT governance; change management etc. preferably in Government or Financial Services.
- Extensive experience with CAATs and data analytics
- Appropriate IT internal audit qualifications, e.g. CISA (preferred, if not there will be an expectation to obtain it), Information Technology certifications, etc
What's on Offer
A 3 year rolling contract via agency on a day rate basis.