IT Category Manager
6 month contract with extension
Leading Local Government Procurement
About Our Client
The client is a leading local government body, who is re-strategising the procurement function to bring on a category management plan.
- Lead and manage end-to-end procurement activities for IT categories in accordance with Local Government policy and procedure.
- Negotiate and implement IT supply agreements which add value, reduce cost and minimise risk
- Develop and implement IT category strategies to maximise cost savings and benefits at an appropriate level of risk
- Lead the ongoing development and implementation of the established strategic sourcing framework for IT including comprehensive procedures, documentation and communication.
- Develop communication plans to maximise the acceptance, involvement and expertise available from leading stakeholders and product users
The Successful Applicant
- A procurement professional with comprehensive knowledge of IT, business and contract law, finance and operational management
- Proven expertise with success in the negotiation, development and management of major IT contracts in a large and complex organisation
- Sound technical understanding of IT and emerging trends combined with an ability to translate technical requirements and specifications into easily understood business concepts
- A relevant degree and extensive relevant work experience in procurement in complex ICT categories
- Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, Work Health and Safety and Cultural Diversity principles.
What's on Offer
This role will offer an initial six month contract with high prospect for extension. You will be working for a leading local council helping to drive the category plan forward. Great work life balance and ideal central location.