IT Director - eCommerce
Immediate start with competitive day rates on offer
Unique opportunity to define end-to-end greenfield Technology Architecture
About Our Client
Backed by one of Australia's largest and most recognisable retailers, this organisation are looking to capitalise on new market opportunities in one of Australia's fastest growing sectors. As such, this opportunity is suited to a IT Director/Digital Architect with a proven track record of success in Greenfield ventures in the eCommerce sector. With exceptional customer experience a key strategy supporting their growth plans, the successful candidate will share in this ethos and likely have experience in a similarly customer-driven industry, such as Retail or FMCG.
Reporting directly to the CEO and acting as the key strategic and technical advisor, key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing strategies to commercialise the software and accompanying services, supporting the development and delivery of the strategic Product Roadmap;
- Leading the overall ICT systems through state of the art methodology and the management of data and projects to support our organisation's vision and values;
- The implementation, ongoing adaptation and enhancement of the technology enterprise strategy, developing application and data architectures, operating environments and IT infrastructure;
- Day-to-day management of ICT BAU, IT environment and associated services to high levels of availability and efficiency;
- Delivery of IT projects to budget, plan and quality targets;
- Capex/Opex budget management of all technology-related costs;
- Strategic sourcing of suppliers;
- Implementation of reporting systems and procedures to deliver and manage IT services;
- Ensuring that the IT team and solutions facilitate business and process improvement, achieving the ever changing needs of the business.
The Successful Applicant
Commencing as a contract/consulting engagement, this opportunity is suited to an experienced IT Director/Digital Architect who thrives working in an ambiguous and highly autonomous role. The successful applicant will be a passionate, agile and hands-on Technology leader and will possess:
- Demonstrated experience in a Greenfield eCommerce start-up leading the entire IT landscape specifically - development, architecture, project management and delivery;
- Experience in planning, developing and executing ICT strategy including platform/vendor selection and solution design;
- Diverse and exhaustive technical knowledge including ERP, CMS, CRM and POS solutions;
- Exposure working with product suites such as; Shopify, Netsuite and/or Microsoft Dynamics
- High levels of initiative with the ability to deal with multiple projects simultaneously, often with conflicting priorities;
- The communication, interpersonal and relationship skills to work collaboratively as part of an executive team and influence a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Degree or Postgraduate qualifications in IT, Computer Science, Information systems, Business Management or a related field.
What's on Offer
- Join a top-performing Executive team;
- Immediate start for an initial 6 month contract - with possible permanency;
- Fully Greenfield project with full ownership of technical and solution design; and
- Highly visible role at an expected market-disruptor.