South East Suburbs
About Our Client
Our international client operates within the manufacturing industry and is currently looking for an IT Generalist to join their team. The successful individual will be responsible for the administration, coordination and management of IT requirements within the business, including network, hardware and software.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Maintain IT network ensuring continuity in the business and analyse the voice and data communication network.
- Ensure software and hardware is meeting expectations and requirements and produce reports to management.
- Manage and administer Windows NT, Windows 2010, Exchange 2000 and Unix System or enhanced versions.
- Backing up/restoring data files and financial software system records and ensure backups are error free and functional.
- Advise on IT strategies within the company.
- Selecting, purchasing, installing and managing software, hardware and computer systems subject to appropriate approval.
- Organise and maintain the E-mail system and VPNs.
- Support customer call centre in extra data flow, Electronic Sales Force system.
- Provide technical help desk services to employees when and as required in the ordinary course of business.
- Organize software/network training for staff where requested.
- Coordinate the hardware and software requirements for ERP and CRM systems.
- TCP/IP (protocols) troubleshooting and rectifying.
- Maintain company's web site and intranet.
- Liaise with external contacts (software, hardware vendors/suppliers) regarding IT issues.
- Monitor and ensure all software, hardware, computer systems and IT equipment are running smoothly including loading and installing of all necessary software applications onto network and workstations.
- In consultation with management, communicate with parent company regarding IT issues, where required.
- Staff training on various matters related to IT.
The Successful Applicant
Successful applicant will ideally possess the following:
- Self-starter and an ability to learn on their own.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Tertiary Education
- ERP experience, NAV experience highly desirable
- Ability to manage change effectively and
- Customer and service focused manner
- Excellent trouble shooting skills
- Knowledge of current Microsoft technologies
- PC Hardware and peripheral knowledge and skills
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a permanent opportunity based in Scoresby. This is an exciting time to join a leading organisation and utilise your IT Administration skills. Please apply via the link. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted due to the high number of applications.