IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
South Eastern Suburbs Melbourne
6 Month Contract
South eastern Suburbs
About Our Client
Client works in local government
- Manage and lead the successful scoping and implementation of ICT projects within agreed timeframes and allocated budget.
- Liaise with, and influence management, staff and vendors to ensure appropriate resources are allocated to projects.
- Effectively manage stakeholder expectations concerning the project, implementation process, training, and post implementation support.
- Actively communicate with, and seek the cooperation from internal and external stakeholders in providing technical support and implementing new technology.
- Assist with the development and implementation of business continuity strategies in consultation with the Team Leader ICT Operations and the Manager Information Services.
- Proactively maintain and improve ICT systems and processes required for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Promote, share and ensure the use of best practice methods, tools and reference material to drive efficiency, maintain IT security and consistency within the department.
- Take a self-initiated approach to analysing and reporting on the performance of ICT systems and proactively provide recommendations for upgrades, patches or decisions that will improve service delivery and/or reduce risk.
- Support and collaborate with peers in the Information Services team and provide technical coaching to other IT Infrastructure and Service Desk team members.
- Proactively create and maintain documentation on ICT systems and processes.
- Provide a high level of advice and support to managers and staff to ensure ICT systems are being maximised to meet business requirements
The Successful Applicant
- Completion of relevant degree, with relevant work experience or a lesser formal qualification (such as Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)) with relevant work skills and experience.
- Experience with change management, problem management
- Experience working in a Local Government environment would be an advantage and highly regarded
The following knowledge and skills are required to be utilised:
- Knowledge with administering of the following technologies would be an advantage:
- Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory and Microsoft SQL
- Administration of the production and test environments, including backup and restore activities, installing builds and patches and maintaining hardware
- IT Security best practices
- Disaster recovery
- Group Policy Management
- Enterprise Data Backup Technologies such as Veeam and Backup Exec
- Maintaining and administering the organisation's Virtual server Infrastructure (VMWare)
- IP telephony technologies such as Mitel
- Server/SAN technologies
- Administration of Cisco switches, routers and Wi-Fi controllers
What's on Offer
- 6 month contract
- Onsite parking
- Hours of work: 8:30am - 5pm
**Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted due to high volume of applicants**