IT Infrastructure Support Engineer
6 month contract
South east of Melbourne
About Our Client
Our client is currently looking for an IT Infrastructure Support Engineer to join an established team based in the south-east of Melbourne. Initially it will be a 6-month contract position with a potential extension.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Manage and lead the successful scoping and implementation of ICT projects within agreed time-frames and allocated budget.
- Actively communicate with and seek the cooperation from internal and external stakeholders in providing technical support and implementing new technology.
- Proactively maintain and improve ICT systems and processes required for business continuity and disaster recovery.
- Promote, share and ensure the use of best practice methods, tools and reference material to drive efficiency, maintain IT security and consistency within the department.
- Take a self-initiated approach to analysing and reporting on the performance of ICT systems and proactively provide recommendations for upgrades, patches or decisions that will improve service delivery and/or reduce risk.
- Proactively create and maintain documentation on ICT systems and processes.
The Successful Applicant
The successful individual will possess the following:
- Completion of a relevant degree or relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge with administering Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange, Office 365, Active Directory and Microsoft SQL.
- Administration of the production and test environments, including backup and restore activities.
- Installing builds and patches and maintaining hardware.
- Knowledge of Azure or AWS.
- IT Security best practices.
- Disaster recovery.
- Enterprise Data Backup Technologies such as Veeam and Backup Exec.
- Maintaining and administering the organisation's Virtual server Infrastructure (VMWare).
- IP telephony technologies such as Mitel.
- Server/SAN technologies.
- Administration of Cisco switches, routers and WiFi controllers.
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a 6 month contract with a potential extension based in the South East.