IT Legal Counsel
Newly created role
High degree of autonomy reporting directly to accompished General Counsel
About Our Client
Our Client is truly one of the World's leading IT software and service providers, with revenues in excess of US $10 Billion last year alone. They provide leading edge consultancy to large corporate and financial institutions across the world.
Your duties will include among others:
- Assist in protecting the Company's legal interests and maintaining its operations within the scope established by law;
- Review of commercial agreements like Master Service Agreements, Alliance Agreements, License Agreements and other agreements relevant to the business of an Information Technology service provider, including the management and approval of drafting & reviews of such agreements by junior counsel;
- Participating in negotiations with customers and vendors across Australia and New Zealand and ensuring conformance with internal contracting/escalation requirements and risk mitigation requirements; managing and controlling the internal escalation and approval procedures;
- Creating and maintaining standard contract forms and adapting contracts to local laws in the region;
- Analysing legal issues and issues related to commercial risks, and presenting clear recommendations, and assuring legal compliance;
The Successful Applicant
Bringing to the fore strong contractual experience with a focus on the IT sector, the ideal candidate will have:
- Strong transactional drafting and communication skills;
- Domain expertise in contracting related to the information technology business and various industry verticals;
- Prior experience in independently handling a variety of transactions including high value transactions;
- Good general management skills, particularly management of legal workflow;
- Must be able to demonstrate/show examples of solutions provided to complex commercial and legal issues;
- Prior experience in providing legal advice to influence decisions at senior management levels.
What's on Offer
- Interesting and challenging work in a global company;
- Leading edge technology and remote work;
- Excellent compensation package;
- Highly convenient location in Melbourne CBD.