Professional serrvices organisation
About Our Client
The firm is focused on optimising innovative technology to optimise its business processes and support a positive internal user and external client technology experience. The role reports into the GM, who is passionate about the opportunities that IT solutions offer to the firm.
The IT Manager will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic and operational leadership and direction to the business in all areas relating to IT management, performance, systems and processes.
- Planning and implementing IT policies and strategies and ensuring the IT infrastructure supports current and future business needs. Maintain a rolling 3-year IT business strategy in line with requirements of business stakeholders.
- Meeting Key Performance Indicators that support IT performance, effectiveness & efficiency in the firm.
- The management of budgets annually which covers day to day operation of firm systems, telecommunications charges, hardware capital expenditure, software costs and maintenance fees, systems development and integration of projects.
- Collaborating with IT Managers within the company's network.
- Maintaining and enhancing the effectiveness and efficiency of the IT platform by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies that support their business goals and objectives.
- Managing the effective/efficient execution of projects by coordinating resources, timetables, "User" Teams & Vendors/Suppliers.
- Verifying application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
- Manage systems testing and modification to ensure reliable operability.
- Conducting and testing annual disaster recovery procedures and regular back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Initiating actions to continuously improve Risk Management System.
- Promoting a team ethic of delivering high quality customer services.
- Managing the virtual and physical technology security program.
- Effectively managing a team of 3 to effectively deliver the IT strategy and business plans.
- Promoting the abilities of staff and provide development opportunities on preparation for the next career step.
- Chair the IT Committee.
The Successful Applicant
The IT Manager will ideally possess the following:
- Previous experience as an IT Manager - Hands on and Managerial.
- IT degree/qualification.
- Windows, O365, AWS, Citrix, firewall and SQL experience.
- People Management experience.
- "Can do" attitude - sees problems as opportunities/challenges.
- Innovative and creative - Seek and identify innovative opportunities.
- Approachable and personable.
- Comfortable with stakeholder engagement.
- Project Management skills.
- Energetic and action-oriented. Pro-active, not reactive.
- Engaged and prepared to go the "extra mile".
- High attention to detail.
- Professional Service experience is an advantage.
What's on Offer
An exciting opportunity for an IT manager to join a professional services organisation on a permanent basis based in Melbourne's CBD. You will be leading a highly skilled and professional team of individuals who strive to achieve successful outcomes for the business. You will be provided with an opportunity to make improvements and develop your career professionally.