IT Project Manager - Technical
High profile opportunity to support a key infrastructure project
Implementing a portfolio of IT change projects for business services
About Our Client
Our client is based in Sydney, they are a global enterprise organisation and a market leader within their chosen field. They are looking for a candidate who has a good understanding within construction and heavy utilities industry working across multiple geographical locations.
The key responsibilities for the role include;
- Responsible for the full project lifecycle through design, planning, build, deployment and lessons learned
- Responsible for the day to day management of 3rd parties and internal team members working on the delivery of the project
- Creation and ownership of MS project plans, identify and understand dependencies and ensure realistic delivery dates. Report progress against baseline for key milestones
- Creation and ownership of the project Risk and Issues (RAID) log, responsible for the resolution of all issues and the identification of mitigations for risks
- Responsible for ensuring engagement of key stakeholders and keeping them engaged and up to date with project progress
- Understand and communicate technical solutions and designs to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Working closely with IT, business and 3rd party vendors to understand requirements and deliver effective designs
- Responsible for reporting of the project status, planning and budget management.
- Manage, motivate and monitor cross functional teams.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate should display the following;
- Be able to demonstrate previous experience of delivering business change projects e.g. staff technology process and ways of working initiatives
- Be a self-starter and a driver for process & continuous improvement within the team
- Accurately estimate and forecast budget and resource demand
- Demonstrable experience of delivering IT /infrastructure projects in high availability environments from estimates and business case to post implementation reviews
- Have experience of managing 3rd party suppliers and vendors
- Strong understanding of risk management
- Strong stakeholder management skills essential
What's on Offer
Be a leader within an organisation that pushes the boundaries of their market with a great team culture. Great central location in a high tech state of the art building.