IT Project & Transition Manager - APAC
APAC - Major Cloud Program 2-3 years
Award winning organisation implementing cutting edge technology
About Our Client
Our client is a leading global provider of consulting and engineering services. An award-winning organisation providing their clients with leading edge technology, innovative solutions and capabilities that span the entire project life cycle. A US organisation listed on the NASDAQ.
You will work closely with regional business leaders and users to understand how IT improves business outcomes and to assure that the introduction or improvement of IT services and solutions is consistent with business needs and technically aligned to company standards and strategic goals.
The role will require you to manage the IT Project management office and portfolio in the APAC region, focusing predominantly on a major cloud program. This includes overseeing project roadmaps, introduction and adherence to company project standards and processes, chairing project meetings and reporting on project status and performance.
- Responsible for the delivery & management of all major IT Projects and Programmes within the APAC region
- Responsible for leading, planning and coordinating service transition activities across functions, projects, suppliers and service teams.
- Be a true service provider - understand your customers' needs and encourage team members to deliver a great service.
- Deliver all service transition/ introduction/ migration Projects and Programmes in line with the service transition framework and recognised best practice methodologies.
- Ensure that the delivery of Core IT Services and Technology is aligned with and responsive to user and business needs.
- Establish effective relationships with key stakeholders across APAC region.
- Accountable for working with stakeholders to define, document and agree operational requirements for new or modified services, documented within service design packages.
- Responsible for leading, planning and coordinating service transition activities across business functions, projects, suppliers and service teams.
- Accountable for leading verification of deployment to ensure it achieves stakeholder requirements specified in the service design package without unexpected impact to other services.
- Ensuring all projects are delivered within budget and time constraints.
The Successful Applicant
- Tertiary qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering are highly desirable.
- Advanced experience in an enterprise environment as a Senior Project Manager leading technical IT projects and programs including mergers and acquisition initiatives..
- Advanced experience working in an IT service environment within a complex and diverse organisation. MSP or Consultancy experience is highly desirable.
- Strong Technical background - Understanding of operational environments across the service management lifecycle (Strategy, Design, Transition, Operations and Continuous Service Improvement).
- Solid technical experience in the IT Infrastructure space will be required leading and deploying O365 and Cloud Technologies - Azure, AWS and/or GCP.
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud deployment models: IaaS, PaaS and SaaS.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft cloud products preferably
- Extensive senior stakeholder management skillset - Previously operated in a global or APAC scale at C- Level.
- Proven experience in managing large infrastructure roll outs /releases across enterprise organisations - working closely with SME's.
- Proven track record of delivering end to end projects across Infrastructure, Application, ERP, CRM, Business IT and M&As.
- Experienced in Scaled Agile and Design Thinking Methodologies. Able to translate practical and pragmatic implementation to an enterprise.
- Understand Change and Transition Management processes and able to implement and communicate across the organisation.
- Desirable to have some experience with GIS software's - ideally ArkGIS.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary package commensurate with experience
- Opportunity to lead a major APAC cloud initiative
- A global award-winning US Listed organisation experiencing rapid growth