IT Systems Manager
Market Leading Manufacturing Business
Dandenong South Location
About Our Client
Our client is a market leader in the manufacturing industry. The are currently seeking a highly motivated individual to join their team in what is a very entrepreneurial environment. The successful applicant will help them lead the digital transformation of the business.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Ensure that applications meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfil end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Plan, execute, and manage the integration of new applications into existing systems and software throughout the business.
- Review and analyse existing applications effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
- Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of application-usage best practices.
- Evaluate, install, configure, and deploy new applications, systems software, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout the business.
- Collaborate with team members in the testing of new software programs and applications.
- Ensure that any new system integration into business systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and interface specifications.
- Liaise with software suppliers and internal stakeholders to address issues in program logic and the interoperability of new applications with existing systems software.
- Design, develop, install and manage application enhancements and upgrades.
- Negotiate contracts with software and service providers.
- Involvement in major projects which include integration and digitisation of systems and processes, implementation of a group wide ERP and CRM solution.
The Successful Applicant
The successful individual will ideally possess the following:
- Degree in computer systems design or computer science, and/or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years direct experience managing applications and/or systems management.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment advantageous.
- Proven experience in overseeing the direction, development, and implementation of software solutions.
- Proven experience in integrating systems across multiple business within a group.
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modeling/mapping, methodology development, and data mapping.
- Strong knowledge of system and data quality assurance best practices and methodologies.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (Navision) or similar mid-market applications is advantageous.
- Experience with database platforms, including Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle Database.
- Confidence and experience with API protocols.
- Working knowledge of current network protocols, and standards.
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a newly created role based in Dandenong South.