Java Developer - JSF2, Java 8, Maven
Attractive hourly rate
Excellent chance of extension
About Our Client
Our client is one of Queensland Governments largest departments - one that has made heavy contributions to the growth of our state and continues to do so. They are now looking to grow one of their core project teams as new work is starting to come in, which will provide an excellent platform for career growth and moving towards the latest technologies.
Key daily duties will include:
- As part of an application software project team - help to develop, support and build Java application systems with the Java toolset within a Java EE environment, with specific knowledge of JSF2.
- Develop and document specifications and designs for Java Applications software.
- Work with Lead Analysts and Enterprise Architects to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches
- Perform solutions analysis, design, construction, unit testing and performance testing to resolve problems with products running in the Java EE.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required:
- Java EE - experience in a large enterprise environment is essential.
- Ability to confidently work independently or as a team while regularly liaising with technical and business stakeholders.
- Ability to provide skills transfer to more junior developers, and provide clear and accurate documentation for presentation to stakeholders.
- Experience developing in Agile environments.
- Highly Desirable knowledge / Work experience in IBM WebSphere Application Server, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA) and Maven.
- Desirable knowledge / Work experience in SOAP Web services, REST API.
- Prior experience using WebSphere application server and Oracle database server would be an advantage.
- Prior experience processing XML files using java would be an advantage.
What's on Offer
What is in it for you?
- Solid pipeline of work, very good chance of ongoing extensions
- On site parking and close to train station.
- Great opportunity to network with a large team of high quality Java Developer contractors and build your name in the market for future work.