Java Developer x6
Initial 6 month contract roles with high likelihood of extensions.
Northside location with parking and close to public transport.
About Our Client
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is responsible for all vehicle licensing and registration in QLD, as well as managing the entire state-controlled road network. With over 10,000 employees they are one of QLD government's largest departments. They have a 'customer first' mentality and their key vision is to create a single integrated transport network accessible to everyone.
Working across both new and existing TMR applications, key responsibilities will include:
- Design and Implement the integration of new and existing business applications.
- Undertake solution analysis, design, development, unit testing, quality reviews, performance testing, and resolve problems with products running in the TMR's Java environment.
- Build integration support capability within the IT Development Team.
- Contribute towards the development, support and build process of Java application systems with the Java toolset within a Java EE environment.
- Develop and document specifications and designs for Java Applications software.
- Work with Lead Analysts and Enterprise Architects to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required:
Java EE - extensive experience in a large enterprise environment is essential.
Experience with Java's associated tools and frameworks - e.g. Spring and Hibernate.
- Other highly desirable experience includes: JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
Knowledge or experience with JSF2 would be a distinct advantage.
Ability to confidently work independently or as a team while regularly liaising with technical and business stakeholders.
Experience utilising IBM WebSphere application server and Oracle database server would be an advantage.
Experience developing in Agile and LEAN environments.
What's on Offer
- Northside location - Carseldine.
- On site parking and very close to bus and train services.
- Friendly, supportive and highly skilled team of developers.
- 6 month initial contract term, with 2x12 month extensions highly likely thereafter.
- Competitive hourly rate in line with demonstrated experience.