- Government Role! Initial 12 Months Contract (With Further Extensions)!
- Flexible work options!
About Our Client
Our client is a local government department based in Brisbane.
- Work as part of an application software project team to develop and support Java built application systems (components and/or COTS interfaces) with the Java Toolset within a Java EE environment with specific knowledge of JSF2.
- Work within the following spaces: IBM WebSphere Application Server, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Utilise WebSphere application server and Oracle database server would be an advantage.
- Processing XML files using java would be an advantage.
- Develop and document specifications and designs for Java application software.
- Work with guidance from the Lead Analyst, Enterprise Architect and other technical specialists to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches.
- Undertake solution analysis, design, construction, unit testing, quality reviews, performance testing, and resolve problems with products running in the client's Java environment.
- Work with the Lead Analyst to effectively manage technical risks, issues, conflicts and priorities to complete work with the required deadlines.
- Develop documentation and software in line with the technical standards and guidelines.
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of work progress as directed.
- Provide technical Java skills transfer to the staff, including documentation of decisions made and the approaches taken.
- Work independently without the need for continual or detailed technical and design guidance.
The Successful Applicant
Highly desirable skills/experience in (though not limited to):
- IBM WebSphere Application Server, JSF2, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and REST API.
- Prior experience using WebSphere application server and Oracle database.
- Processing XML files using java.
What's on Offer
On offer is an initial 2 months contract with 2*12 months extensions with a government department.