Java Lead Analyst x4
Multiple new projects with long term pipeline
About Our Client
Our client is one of Queensland Government's largest departments. They are looking to grow multiple new project teams in line with the start of some exciting new project work that will involve the design, development and production of new, technically innovative solutions.
Key duties for these Java Lead Analysts include:
Design, develop, support and build Java application systems within a modern Java EE environment.
Collaborate with Enterprise Architects and other Lead Developers to analyse, design and assess technical solution designs and software development approaches.
Plan, direct, lead, report and coordinate project Development resources to develop software interfaces between project solutions and in-house department systems.
- Support the Project Manager in effective management of risks, issues, conflicts, priorities, communications and personnel in achieving a successful implementation.
Provide leadership and technical skills to ensure a timely delivery of Project deliverables and interfaces.
- Test, implement and support delivery of the project from start up through to 'go live' and beyond into the warranty period.
The Successful Applicant
Proven skills and experience required:
- Advanced knowledge of an enterprise Java development domain including Java, JEE (JSF2 and JPA), WebSphere and Subversion.
- A solid understanding of issue management systems like JIRA, project management skills and version control.
- Experience developing in Agile environments.
- Ability to lead a project team in the design, development and implementation of a new product, with involvement in all aspects of SDLC from start to finish.
- Ability to collaborate well with Project Managers, Enterprise Architects and other Lead Developers.
- While not essential, exposure IBM WebSphere Application Server, JSF2, JPA (Hibernate / Open JPA), Maven, SOAP Web services and/or REST API would be an advantage.
- Experience with Mulesoft or similar integration platforms would be beneficial.
What's on Offer
- Multiple new projects with long term pipeline of work.
- Initial 6-9 month contracts, with 12 month optional extensions thereafter.
- Competitive hourly rate, in line with experience and market rates.
- Northside location.
- On site parking and close to train station.