- Join a Melbourne founded, and globally loved retail brand.
- Excellent career progression and personal growth.
About Our Client
The business, who were founded in Melbourne, Australia and loved across the globe, are known for their effortlessly wearable and timeless collections that celebrate modern femininity.
They are one of the fastest growing fashion brands, who work non-stop to help their customers embrace and elevate their own personal style.
Critical Path Management
- Alongside planning, develop the critical path for the forward season, taking into consideration product lead times, factory or production constraints, trade time-lines, and the requirements of all key stakeholders to ensure that all deadlines are met, and that product arrives in the business in line with plan, considering market variances or requirements.
- Offer solutions to issues to simplify processes and areas of opportunity to reduce duplication, updating all necessary stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Confidently talk through department performance in weekly trade meetings, offering suggestions and summaries.
- Push/Pull stock in line with forecast.
- Demonstrate a sound knowledge of local and overseas markets competitors, and reference these regarding potential opportunity, trade performance and future strategy.
- Work alongside the Planner to ensure that key financial parameters are being met and that robust strategies are in place to achieve budgets.
- Utilise weekly trade reports and forward projections to trade the department, offering ideas to maximise trade and minimise risk to the budget.
Product Development and Sourcing/Trend Knowledge
- Work alongside Design team and Buyer to develop product in line with our brand expectations.
- Brief specifications to design, ensuring that all product requirements are considered when developing; including, costing, grading, end use and trend.
- Source new product categories in reaction to new trends and opportunities.
- Under the guidance of a Buyer, build a balanced range reflective of market mindset and department strategy.
- Ensure that ranges are built in line with market key dates, and demonstrate an awareness of carryover, product life-cycle and markdown rounds
The Successful Applicant
- At least 2-3 years at Assistant Buyer level. Experience in working over multiple fashion product categories
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team, managing and organising a high workload, working to deadlines
- Ability to drive department performance autonomously
- Ability to seek advice when necessary, and present to senior management
- Results driven, with sound commercial acumen and business judgement
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal, communication and networking abilities
What's on Offer
- A supportive, collaborative and humble environment
- Fantastic career progression opportunities with global potential
- A generous salary
- Excellent product discounts
- Team focused celebrations to recognise hard work
- Additional leave for your birthday