JUNIOR LEGAL COUNSEL (ANZ) - global supply group!
Worldwide supplier for the Construction, Infrastructure and Mining industries!
Diverse role with great rewards, benefits and growth opportunities!
About Our Client
Our client is a worldwide supplier of goods and materials for the construction, infrastructure and mining industries. In Australia alone they have been established over 100 years and have 300 sites across the country.
Due to increasing demand, they are expanding their in-house legal department and looking for a junior-mid level commercial lawyer to join their team!
Our client is seeking a bright and ambitious corporate/commercial lawyer with, ideally, 2 - 4 years PQE, to join their close-knit and dedicated in-house team, responsible for all legal functions across Australia and New Zealand.
The core focus of this role will be drafting, negotiating and finalising all of the company's commercial contracts and agreements, predominately supply and services agreements, with multiple organisations across the ANZ region.
The remainder will be advising on any broader corporate and commercial matters which may arise such as property law, environmental law, competition law - ACCC issues, joint ventures etc, as well as general corporate governance and compliance advice.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in delivering training and rolling-out compliance initiatives across ANZ and get involved in the departmental strategy planning.
The role reports directly into the well-established and highly-skilled General Counsel who will be on-hand to provide you with all the support, training and mentoring you may need, whilst also offering you the responsibility and autonomy that you desire from the role.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant:-
- A Solicitor admitted in NSW with, ideally, 2-4yrs PQE from a reputable corporate and commercial practice group or well-established in-house team.
- Exceptional drafting and negotiating skills with a great eye-for-detail
- Be able to demonstrate their experience with a broad range of commercial agreements - supply and services in particular.
- Strong commercial acumen and passionate about driving the business forward
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally and engage with various stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in developing and implementing legal strategies in a commercial context
- Extremely passionate, driven and dedicated to building your knowledge and skill set.
- Ability to adopt a strategic approach to problem solving.
What's on Offer
This opportunity offers:
- The rare opportunity to join an in-house team at such a junior level
- The chance to work for part of a worldwide, leading supply group
- Attractive remuneration package
- Long term career development opportunities, both nationally and internationally
- A variety of training and development opportunities
- A collaborative and supportive working environment
- Fantastic mentoring and support from a highly-experienced team and well-established General Counsel
If you are currently working in private practice and looking to make that move in-house, or are already in-house but fancy a change, please contact me to discuss this position further on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV and academic transcripts . Alternatively, please click on the 'apply' button.