JUNIOR LEGAL COUNSEL - HEALTH & FITNESS INDUSTRY
Be part of a close-knit and collaborative team
Diverse role with great rewards, benefits and growth opportunities
About Our Client
AWESOME JUNIOR LEGAL COUNSEL POSITION AVAILABLE IN AUSTRALIA'S LEADING HEALTH & FITNESS GROUP!
Our client is the largest Health & Fitness group in Australia.
Due to ongoing growth and demand, they are seeking a junior (1+ years PQE) lawyer to join their close-knit and collegiate in-house legal team, based in Sydney!
Joining a team of 4 and reporting directly to a renowned General Counsel, you will provide a full and extensive range of legal advice and expertise across the group, nationally.
Core duties will include:
- Transacting Franchise Agreements for clubs and Personal Trainers (PTs).
- advising on and resolving any disputes with PTs and, where appropriate, issuing breach notices to PTs and attending NCAT/VCAT mediation and or final hearings.
- Issuing abandonment letters to PTs who have repudiated their agreements. If necessary appointing Debt Collectors to recover the same.
- Drafting Deeds of Release in respect of disputes resolved with PTs.
- Advising and representing the Group on escalated member complaints such as discrimination, privacy etc.
- Managing the termination of membership process.
- Managing the Sub-Tenancy Program including preparing Licence Agreements for sub-tenants within the clubs and attending to the execution of documents and securing of bonds. e.g Chiros, masseurs etc.
- Debt recovery for Licences and Franchisees including briefing external lawyers/counsel for legal proceedings, negotiating settlements and transacting Deeds of Settlement and Release.
- Interpreting and advising on membership terms and conditions from time to time.
Other areas of practice will include:
- Commercial and retail leasing
- Commercial law and contracts
- Corporate buy back transactions
- General corporate advisory work
- Operational advice
- Disputes and Litigation
The Successful Applicant
- An admitted Solicitor with at least 1 year's PQE, private practice training preferred.
- Strong academics from a reputable university (copy transcripts are required please).
- Preferably, some prior exposure to all of Franchise Law, Property Law, Contract Law, Dispute Resolution and Consumer Law
- Solid drafting, reviewing, negotiating and advising skills, with an excellent technical capability.
- Ability to develop strong relationships internally and externally
- A strategic and commercially-driven approach.
- Operate as an effective team member in a close-knit and collaborative team.
- A great attitude and driven, motivated and committed to excel and reach your utmost potential.
- Ideally, a passion for the Health & Fitness industry.
What's on Offer
Fantastic opportunity for a junior lawyer to join a growing in-house team for Australia's largest Health & Fitness Group with unlimited scope for growth and progression.
Please call Maria Curtis for a confidential discussion on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV to mariacurtis @ michaelpage. com. au.