Junior System Administrator
Leading Software Company
About Our Client
Our client is a leading software company based in Mulgrave. They are currently going through a growth period and they are looking for an IT Generalist to join their team.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Manage, support and monitor the organisations server and network infrastructure.
- Maintain and Support software.
- Collaborate effectively with internal development teams to provide technical leadership and architecture on projects.
- Build servers as required.
- Monitor, troubleshoot and improve data backup solutions to ensure full and efficient data integrity.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers and vendors to resolve issues efficiently.
- Deal with general issues as required.
- Maintain and secure systems through security and data integrity via access controls, backups, and adhering to Information Security best practices.
- Create, update and maintain technical documentation, Wiki and Service Manuals.
- Escalate calls as appropriate where the issue is beyond the scope of your expertise.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Individual will ideally possess the following:
- Proactive highly motivated and self-directed person who can drive issues through to resolution.
- Knowledge of current technologies, such as; VMWare, Windows OS, Linux OS, Cisco and SQL.
- Demonstrated technical experience operating a technical infrastructure environment, including LAN/WAN, VPN, Servers, Backup and Recovery.
- Experience working in a Customer Service Management oriented environment supporting Internal and External customers.
- Technical experience in an Infrastructure environment with at least 3+ years' experience.
- Excellent technical and practical documentation skills.
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a newly created role with a leading software company based in Mulgrave.