Lawyer (Banking & Financial Services)
Practice in a hihgly reputable banking/finance group
Leading Australian firm with renowned Partners
About Our Client
Our client is a leading Australian based law firm with offices throughout Australia. This firm prides itself on providing top quality service to its clients and is renowned for producing excellent in-house lawyers. Working with this client, you will develop into a commercially focused lawyer with a real practicality in the way you go about your practice of the law.
The role sits within a nationally renowned banking and finance practice group that operates in a fast paced, no hold barred environment. You will be charged with providing high calibre advice in an efficient manner to a myriad of banking or finance related matters. Your clients will range from large domestic/foreign financial institutions, to small-to-medium enterprise and high net wroth individuals. Applicants with practice experience in the following areas are encouraged to apply:
- General banking/finance;
- Mergers and acquisitions;
- Transactional work including (but not limited to) investments, structured finance, debt capital markets;
- Regulatory advice; and
- Corporate governance issues
This role requires a strong work ethic and excellent communication skills. The successful applicant will work on large/complex transactions and will be required to liaise with all levels of corporate professional.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a tertiary degree in law from a reputable university;
- Be an admitted solicitor with at least 3 years PAE;
- Prior experience in a reputable top/mid tier firm or large corporate entity;
- Have at least one year unbroken practice experience in a banking, funds or corporate advisory role;
- Have a proven ability to practice autonomously and work to tight deadlines; and
- Be capable of building and maintaining client relationships.
The successful applicant will be committed to personal development and have a real desire to learn from some of the best legal practitioners in the field. You will have excellent written communications skills and a track record in provision of commercially orientated legal advice.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary that is commensurate with knowledge and experience.