- Large enterprise organisation moving towards a 'cloud first' future.
- Modern cloud environment, building solutions at scale.
About Our Client
One of Queensland's largest companies is embarking on an exciting path towards a 'cloud first' future. The Lead Cloud Engineer will play a pivotal role in setting the technical direction for future Cloud Engineering and DevSecOps standards, practices, tooling and processes.
This role will drive cloud native technology adoption and automation practices, and work closely with technical and business stakeholders to set the direction of cloud solution development. A key skills will be the ability to bring people together to solve technical problems, and direct the work of team members to deliver great results.
- Design, provision and maintain cloud environments using Infrastructure as Code automation tooling, templates, and pipelines.
- Set standards for Cloud Engineering tools and techniques, including security guidelines, and selection of appropriate DevSecOps tools and methods.
- Automate processes in line with other engineering and operations teams.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge and provide expert advice on cloud engineering and DevSecOps practices, and contribute to their continual improvement.
The Successful Applicant
Skills and experience required:
- Extensive industry experience designing and provisioning Cloud platforms in a medium to large organisation.
- Experience with Automation and Configuration management using ARM or CloudFormation templates, Ansible, Puppet, Chef or similar.
- CI/CD pipeline development for deploying Infrastructure as Code.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services, ideally in an Azure environment (although AWS is also acceptable).
- Strong experience with scripting (Powershell, PHP, Python or similar).
- Good knowledge of best practices and IT operations for High Availability workloads.
- Solid understanding of networking and core internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in DevSecOps.
What's on Offer
- The team, while Brisbane based, works fully remotely at the moment. The plan at some point in 2022 is to return to the office in some capacity, but this will be no more than 2-3 days per week, and full flexibility will remain.
- Brisbane CBD office location
- Excellent company and team culture built on support, trust and collaboration.
- Competitive salary package and excellent employee benefits.