Lead Data Scientist
Lead a fast growing Data Science team.
Based in Geelong.
About Our Client
- Work for an organisation passionate about continued investment in innovation and cutting edge Analytics/Data Science.
- Be part of a significant growth period across the Data and Analytics space within this organisation.
- Work directly for a well-known industry leader in Data Science that has been recognised nationally.
- Convenient office location in one of Victoria's best places to live.
The right person for this role needs to be passionate about data science and able to work on large data sets. You will be need a creative and free thinking mind to be able to analyse large sets of data using (pre-existing) models available throughout different Libraries.
This person will need to articulate insights to non-technical business people about the value of data in relation to their role. From time to time you will have regular stakeholder engagement and interaction with people across different business units.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong Maths/Stats foundation
- Data modelling skills
- Ability to explain complex data to non-technical stakeholders
- Experienced in Text Analytics
- Data query skills
- Demonstrated ability to use R Libraries and models (no requirement to build models from scratch)
- Able to visualise data and present
- Experience using Machine Learning techniques and / or Artificial Intelligence
- Worked with SQL, R, Python, SAS, AWS Redshift, Tableau or other similar tools
- Leadership and managerial capability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about data science
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Picturesque office location
- Convenient location in relation to public transport
- Incredible opportunity for further growth career progression