Lead Design Engineer
Immediately Available position with a permanent opportunity
Engage with a highly collaborative, driven and inspired group of individuals
About Our Client
Our client is a growing equipment manufacturer who work with a number of different businesses. Due to sustained growth, they are looking for an Experienced Design Engineer to lead and develop the design team through projects for the business.
- Prepare drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work.
- Providing direction to Mechanical Engineers in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- Select tools and equipment
- Estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- Performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- Collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- Ensuring that designs & finished work are within specifications, regulations & contract provisions
- Comply with company policies
- Any other tasks may be directed by the Board of Directors from time to time on the basis of particular circumstances.
The Successful Applicant
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- A minimum of 10 year's design and development experience within a similar or related industry
- Be highly developed CAD & CAE skills and experience with SolidWorks
- Possess comprehensive verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Display excellent project management skills and the ability to take initiative, work independently and be a self-starter
- Be able to demonstrate the highest standards of customer service
What's on Offer
- Immediate start with a competitive salary.
- Work across exciting projects with an industry leading company that admires initiative and nurtures talent.
- Collaborate with highly skilled professional engineers and management personnel.
- Exciting projects to boost your portfolio and advance your career.