Lead Engineer / Tech Lead
Grow the engineering function to eventually become Head of Engineering.
Huge growth potential business with aggressive growth targets.
About Our Client
You will be working with a medium-sized business that is looking to grow and aggressively expand their technology capability. In being part of this exciting journey, you will work for an organisation totally committed to changing lives and with an inspiring vision for the future.
You will be the go-to for all things Engineering. As the wider business scales up to meet growing demand and growth targets, you will take the lead on making sure this business's major digital/tech products are built appropriately and prepared to thrive over the journey.
This is your tech stack and your team to build from scratch with a genuine opportunity to grow into a Head of Engineering and/or CTO role as the company scales.
Working side by side with the Head of Product, you will be deeply involved in shaping the product vision and bringing this to life. You will lead on engineering best practices, processes, solution architecture, engineering hires, development languages and frameworks. You will build digital experiences which shape how our customers and staff interact with our products and services on a daily basis.
You will be challenged with exceptional opportunities for growth. You will be out of your comfort zone at times but well supported by experienced peers and leaders from major corporates and start-ups.
An idea of your key responsibilities in this role are as follows:
- Write, deploy and maintain business critical software features into production (You will be very hands on at the beginning)
- Own the software development lifecycle from development to production and maintenance.
Break down large scale problems and solutions into bite sized iterable chunks of work which are iteratively delivered.
- Design and execute a technology vision and strategy to enable the product strategy and support critical business functions.
- Design and implement systems architecture which will set us up for success now and in the future.
- Hire and build out a high performing engineering team.
- Setup key processes, tools and infrastructure to build and scale an engineering team.
The Successful Applicant
- You will be a gun coding in your preferred modern language - Go, Django, Python, Node.JS, PostgreSQL are options, but not limited to this.
- AWS (highly preferred, although other cloud will be considered)
- Infrastructure as code - Experience with configuration and orchestration tools for AWS or similar cloud provider (Terraform, Kubernetes, Ansible)
- Experience creating and executing an overarching technology strategy.
- Experience building and deploying scalable web applications from scratch.
- Experience in building and configuring public cloud environments and deployment pipelines from scratch.
Required skills & experience
- 7+ years working with full stack progressive web technologies.
- Experience leading a team of engineers in both a technical and people leadership capacity.
- Experience running and operating production-grade systems at scale in public cloud environments.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
What's on Offer
- Flexible working arrangements, including assistance with home office set up.
- A mental health and wellbeing program and allowance
- For-purpose empowerment - your work will have a positive impact in the world and serve an important mission as part of a creative, friendly and collaborative team.
- Be part of (and guide) a unique scale-up journey to become a market leader.
- Ownership and Accountability - You will lead/manage one of the most critical functions in the business and be given real responsibility to build and grow your team as the business scales.
- Lucrative package including substantial equity options.