Lead Inspection Engineer
Permanent position within a stable organisation
Join a leading organisation within the fertilizer industry
About Our Client
Yara´s knowledge, products and solutions grow farmers', distributors' and industrial customers' businesses profitably and responsibly, while protecting the earth's resources, food and environment.
Our fertilizers, crop nutrition programs and technologies increase yields, improve product quality and reduce the environmental impact of agricultural practices. Our industrial and environmental solutions improve air quality by reducing emissions from industry and transportation, and serve as key ingredients in the production of a wide range of goods. We foster a culture that promotes the safety of our employees, contractors and societies.
Founded in 1905 to solve emerging famine in Europe, today, Yara has a worldwide presence, with close to 13,000 employees and sales to about 160 countries.
This role will be based in Karratha and reporting to the HSEQ Manager, the Lead Inspection Engineer will lead a team of 3-4 and support the maintenance organization in all activities relating to their equipment and assets. Specifically, you will:
- Develop and maintain a quality system, ISO 9000 based, for all inspection related activities
- Advise the Maintenance organisation on material selection, welding and corrosion prevention
- Lead root Cause Analysis reviews for any losses and damages that occurs in area of accountability
- Ensure the integrity of the asset is maintained and constantly be aware of the Environmental Impact of the team
- Optimize inspection scope and perform inspections on equipment, piping and storage tanks, including reporting and release for operation.
- Define inspection and testing requirements for new constructions, repairs and modifications for critical static equipment, piping and storage tanks.
- Project Manage specific HSEQ projects and manage the reporting of investigation status and completion.
- Assist the Quality Manager with the implementation and management of ISO18001 OH&S related Quality processes
- Assist by the preparation of the annual mechanical budget
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated, driven individual with previous experience in a Lead Inspection Engineer role. Additionally, you will possess:
- Bachelors in Mechanical or Materials Engineering with Honours/Masters or equivalent
- Certified ACIP or API Inspector for static equipment and piping or Certified IWE with at least five years of inspection experience
- Experience in an inspection and/or engineering environment related to static equipment related to petrochemical plants
- Experience with implementing and maintaining ISO9000 quality systems,
- ICAM lead investigator certification or Lead auditor certification would be highly desired
- Experience Commissioning new sites or start-up operations
- Global knowledge of NDT techniques including advanced techniques like TOFD, phased array and remote field eddy current
- Must have strong technical and operational experience as well as management or leadership experience,
- Someone from a petrochemical background would be highly desirable.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a highly lucrative remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities.
They also provide a relocation allowance as well as fully covered accommodation and subsidized power and water as well as two flights per year to any capital city in Australia.