Lead Learning Designer
Competitive Remunaration Package
About Our Client
An iconic education facility that prides itself on being the best within their arena, benchmarking with the world's finest.
As a Lead Learning Designer, you will assist the organisation in scaling the Learning Design department to meet the needs of new partners and programs. In this role, you will assist the Learning Design Manager in overseeing aspects of the partner relationship associated with Learning Design. You will be assigned to manage specific programs within the larger portfolio of the Learning Design Manager.
- Design and revise online courses for partner universities. Work with the Project Management team and LDM to deliver reports on course development progress and resourcing.
- Assist the Learning Design Manager in setting development standards which ensure that online courses.
- Incorporate authentic learning assignments and assessments that encourage critical thinking skills and self-directed learning.
- Assist academics with design and redesign of courses for online delivery, including the storyboarding of interactive learning objects.
- Develop student orientation materials and consult with the Academic Development Manager to assist with developing faculty orientations and support materials.
- Oversee the process of continual improvement for partner programs.
- Support the business units in the escalation and proactive resolution of Learning Design issues to the Learning Design Managers and Account Directors.
- Assist Learning Design Managers in the realising of Learning Design department initiatives.
- Attend cross-functional business unit meetings and share critical program-level information with the Learning Design team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a sound knowledge of the higher education environment; experience designing learning and assessment for online delivery; and they will be an individual that is creative, eager and proactive. The Lead Learning Designer will work collaboratively and creatively with the university faculty academics to develop and revise online university courses. In addition to the following:
- Good knowledge and experience in the application of adult learning theories and digital learning principles
- Must have demonstratable experience in developing innovative learning design in the university setting
- Demonstrated skill in the use of rapid authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline to develop online courseware
- Experience developing courses in a range of LMS platforms - e.g. Moodle, Canvas
- Proven ability to work with subject matter experts to design industry current, fit for purpose learning resources across multiple disciplines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience designing learning and assessment for online delivery
- Experience with HTML/ CSS (highly desirable)
What's on Offer
If successful in securing the Lead Learning Designer role you'll be joining a collaborative team that is eager to hire strong experience. This exciting business has scope to continue your career progression, whilst also offering a positive and collaborative environment.