Lead Mechanical Engineer
Opportunity to join a global automotive organisation
Lead full product development projects
About Our Client
Our client is a market leading global automotive organisation with a strong reputation for cutting edge and innovative products and a culture of success. Due to growth within the business, they are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join the team, looking after product development projects.
The successful applicant will be responsible for customer technical communication, support mechanical/platform customer requirements, program development and issue resolutions as it relates to the product range.
- Assist the customer to investigate product or vehicle issues related to the products.
Ability to determine solutions for hydraulic drill routings, problem solve for component, interfaces and packaging
Prioritize tasks based on customer needs and program deliverables.
- Ability to read and understand specifications, mechanical drawings, stack analysis, Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and CAD data.
- Lead product development projects for mechanical components.
- Main liaison between customer engineering team and in-house engineering team.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will come from a strong mechanical engineering background with a passion for working collaboratively with customers to obtain the best solution possible.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Familiarity with DFMEA's and Design & Process Validation Testing
- Ability to conduct customer Design reviews
- Experience with OEM engineering systems
- Experience within Automotive industry preferred
What's on Offer
A highly competitive package is available for this permanent position. If interested, please call Jamie Cameron on 03 8640 3152.