Lead Mechanical Engineer
Join a market leading organisation
Strategic role working across multiple operational sites
About Our Client
Regarded as the industry leader, they have been delivering high quality products to the local Australian market and exporting to supply chains internationally. Reporting in to the General Manager of Operations, they are currently looking to add a strong Mechanical Engineer to lead the delivery of an effective maintenance strategy and deliver CAPEX projects.
The core responsibilities of the Mechanical Engineer include but are not limited to:
- Supervise all work systems in order to propose improvements to maximise work productivity.
- Recommend and implement maintenance plans and capital additions within budgetary guidelines.
- Scoping & purchase of capital equipment acquisitions
Develop and implement appropriate preventative maintenance using CMMS (MEX) to identify causes of downtime and maximise site efficiency and overall asset performance
Establish performance standards for your team and KPIs for all direct reports
Coach staff within your team and key operators on the importance of Lean principles and effective equipment management to drive OEE
Promote effective communication amongst our employees, suppliers and the management team
- The role is part of the Leadership Team and provides input and support to long term goals relating to site strategy and culture
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for the role, you should possess the following.
- Experience of high speed processing equipment. (Hydraulics and rotary equipment advantageous)
- Possess strong maintenance system knowledge with dedicated focus on improving OEE. (MEX preferred)
- Significant and demonstrated experience in deploying planned and preventative engineering strategies
- Degree qualified or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering with at least 5 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Hands on engineering experience with the ability to diagnose complex manufacturing engineering related problems.
- Experience of leading engineering teams
What's on Offer
An competitive salary package will be on offer to the successful candidate with the opportunity to join a well know Food business and to drive site and team performance to the next level.