Lead Solution Architect - AWS
2IC role to CTO
Growing SME with excellent culture
About Our Client
Work with a company that speciliases in building, integrating, and optimising AWS infrastructure in order to get the most our of enterprise data driving culture.
With high cultural standards and a team-work based, highly collaborative environment, this business understands what tech superstars need to be successful.
Gaining constant exposure to the latest tech and working with one of the best AWS shops in Sydney, you will get the opportunity to progress your career while also build your tech stack into a marketing-lead and cutting edge force.
From a development or operations background (or an existing DataOps Team)
Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable 'big data' data stores
Have experience with the AWS ecosystem (particularity Kinesis, Glue, Redshift, EMR, RDS, Aurora, DMS, etc…)
Have some experience with industry leading ETL tools, Informatica, Talend, Snowflake
Familiar with data modelling concepts
Advanced experience in one or many of the following programming languages - SQL, Python, Java, SCALA etc
The Successful Applicant
Demonstrated senior leadership qualities in previous role, inlcluding but not limited to:
- Executing proofs of concept and product selections, making recommendations on technology policy etc.
- Creating and documenting software architectures in consultation with Engineering Management and Development Leads on existing and new projects
- Ensuring the projects meet both long-term architectural goals and project requirements
- Providing first hand supervision and guidance to designated Software Engineers on assigned activities.
Install technical governance and custodianship over key interface definition and data models (logical and physical).
Maintaining technical currency by contributing software changes or creating prototypes and proof of concepts to assist the company in assessing the relevance of technologies and solutions.
Delivery of sprint tasks to time.
Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements:
- Automating manual processes
- Optimizing data delivery,
- Re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Continually strive toward optimal extraction, transformation, loading and management of data from a wide variety of data sources
What's on Offer
Work for a leading AWS partner based conveniently in Sydney CBD.
Get first hand experience working directly with exec-level leadership across the company.
See the change you make working with some of Australia's largest enterprise-level organisations.