Long term career path and development opportunities
Senior Management in the business have worked their way up from the tools
About Our Client
Our client is a well known commercial builder who deliver projects in the following sectors: Education (schools and universities), industrial (warehouses/factories), and government (local council, state and federal).
They have been in business well over 50 years and have retained their 'family friendly' ethos to this day. As they have continued to evolve into 2020 they are looking to add a new leading hand carpenter to their team.
This role will be largely 'on the tools' with regard to carpentry, however their will also be expectation to supervise and manage other trades.
Projects will typically range from $250,000 to $5m and be focused on the above mentioned sectors.
The long term vision is for this role to gradually evolve into more of a pure Site Management (off the tools) within the next few years.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal traits of the successful applicant will include:
- Excellent carpentry skills with experience either on commercial or residential projects
- A good temperament and ability to manage and lead various trades
- Cert IV or above in Building and Construction desirable however candidates who have not yet completed this are also encouraged to apply
- A positive and solution focused mindset
What's on Offer
- Immediate start available for the right candidate
- A competitive starting salary, expected to be in the $75-80k range, with regular reviews
- Genuine career development into Site Management and beyond
- Excellent mentoring from senior management