Learning Design Manager (Expression of Interest)
Excellent career progression prospects within a fast-growing business
Supportive and flexible working arrangements
About Our Client
Our client is a fast-growing education services company who focuses on providing world-class learning courses online. They aim to deliver learning products and experiences that are fun, effective and engage their learners on a journey of life-long learning.
The purpose of the Learning Design Manager is to help in the development and delivery of our client's future growth plans in the eLearning and online education market in Australia and beyond. Our client is seeking a skilled and experienced learning design professional to join the team in a new management role. This role will be the pre-eminent subject matter expert within the organisation for all things associated with the design and structure of its educational products, courses, content and assessment frameworks and tools.
This is a permanent role and will be responsible for:
- Setting learning objectives and strategies across our client's education products and course portfolio that leverages effective, innovative, and fit-for-purpose design principles in a primarily eLearning environment.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to source and/or create online learning programs / courses / content / assessment tools that deliver on targeted learning outcomes, within agreed time-frames and quality parameters, and on budget.
- Managing partnerships and ensuring the content, courses and/or experiences are aligned to our client's objectives and requirements.
- Overseeing the design, development and production of courses, content, and eLearning materials.
- Contributing to the innovation and development of our clients educational offerings by (a) monitoring demand trends within the relevant markets to inform the organisations content & course development strategy, and (b) interpreting emerging trends to support the evaluation and implementation (where appropriate) of new learning / technology initiatives
- Communicating effectively with cross-functional teams to help ensure client satisfaction and drive student retention
- Engaging with internal and external stakeholders by developing and formalising networks to create feedback channels
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you will be required to demonstrate the following:
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in learning and assessment design, ideally with some teaching experience, and exposure to fully digital online delivery
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other web-based tools for learning design and assessment
- Must have experience in leading a team of Learning Designers and offering mentorship and professional development in Learning Design
- Must have experience in leading strategy for digital learning
- Must have experience with innovation and the ability to explain new and complex ideas in a simple way
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in learning and assessment design, online education, or adult education
- Must have exceptional stakeholder and project management skills
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for eLearning and digital technology either within a university or private training college teaching environment, preferably with an online component, or directly in online course design and development
- Must be self-motivated and proactive, able to work in a fast-paced environment, to work autonomously with limited SME support
What's on Offer
This is an exciting permanent full-time opportunity to join one of Australia's fastest growing online education startups. This opportunity offers a very competitive salary package as well as excellent progression prospects within a fast-growing business.