Legal Counsel (ANZ) - Global Technology Company!
RARE IN-HOUSE OPPORTUNITY - GROWTH ROLE!
GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY COMPANY !
About Our Client
Our client is a global technology company which provides one of the IT industry's most comprehensive and cutting edge portfolio of products, as well as consulting and support services to a vast range of companies from start-ups to global organisations and government bodies.
This role will be supporting the ANZ legal team and report directly into the General Counsel for Australia and New Zealand.
The ANZ team provide a full range of expert legal assistance to their customer-facing business, from broad corporate and commercial advice (including competition, privacy and intellectual property matters) to negotiating and advising on commercial and public sector contracts, litigation/ADR, regulatory requirements and human resources and employment law.
Due to high demand and growth, the team now require a commercially astute and driven lawyer to provide strategic and transactional support across the team. In particular, you will assist with drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial technology contracts including licensing, supply, resale, integration, consulting, outsourcing, cloud and e-commerce transactions - especially those involving computing hardware and services.
You will be required to work autonomously and closely with business clients, provide high-quality, practical, commercially-focused, cost effective and independent legal advice and services.
You will also be expected to provide proactive risk identification and management; timely escalation of risk issues, as well as assist with managing the cost of external suppliers of legal services.
The role will also collaborate with and assist other legal personnel in Asia Pacific, United States and Europe.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will:-
- Have a Bachelor's Degree in Law (LLB) or JD from a recognised institution, with strong academic background
- Be a Solicitor admitted to practice in Australia with, ideally, 2-4yrs PQE from a reputable corporate and commercial private practice group or a well-established in-house team.
- Have a strong knowledge and experience in general contract, commercial and corporations laws and be able to demonstrate their experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial and public sector procurement or supply agreements. Experience with responding to tender documents and customer-supplied documents a plus.
- Have exceptional drafting and negotiating skills with a great eye-for-detail
- A genuine passion for the IT industry
- Experience with competition, data and privacy law is desirable
- Have a motivated, proactive and enthusiastic personality
- Be empathetic, attentive and capable of building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Have an ability to translate complex legal and contractual concepts into practical, simple and commercial advice, and digest complex business information
- Be adaptable and capable of working autonomously and collaboratively
- Demonstrate highest ethics and integrity, and willingness to be assertive when required.
What's on Offer
- A rare and fantastic opportunity to become part of the in-house team of a global, industry-leading Technology company.
- Genuine growth and career progression opportunities
- Competitive salary and rewards scheme.
If you are interested in this opportunity please contact Maria Curtis for a confidential discussion on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV and Academic Transcripts to mariacurtis @ michaelpage .com .au.
Alternatively, click on the link below to apply directly.