Legal Counsel (Financial Services)
Rare opportunity in a global financial services firm
Exeprience in M&A, banking or corporate advisory preferred
About Our Client
Our client is an industry leading financial services firm with a diverse product/advice offering. This client has a reputation for operating in a fast paced, commercially orientated manner and is committed to ensuring that its employees are developed from within.
This role is ideal for a lawyer with 2-5 years PQE. Your focus will be on all things banking/finance, including (but not limited to):
- capital markets;
- structured finance;
- funding structures; and
- general corporate advisory.
The role is situated in a dynamic, collaborative team of highly specialised workers. It will require a team mentality and the ability to use your initiative to ensure legal responds to business unit queries in a commercially orientated manner.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have a solid grounding in the banking, M&A or corporate advisory practice group of a reputable firm and will have a desire to practice in high pressure situations. The successful applicant must:
- be an admitted solicitor with 2-5 years PQE;
- have relevant experience in a reputable firm or large corporate;
- have a proven track record in a transactional role;
- be able to demonstrate a thorough understanding of structured finance and capital transactions;
- be able to manage competing stakeholder relationships; and
- have a proven history of high quality legal advice.
The successful applicant will be capable of working in a fast paced collaborative environment. You will be committed to self improvement and to providing commercially orientated legal advice.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary based on knowledge and experience.