Legal Counsel - Global Company (4+ PQE)
Leading, global company in the Building and Construction industry.
A fantastic team with lots of scope for diversity, growth and progression!
About Our Client
Exciting new Legal Counsel position at a leading, global company within the Building and Construction industry, based in Sydney!
Our client is a leading and ASX listed global supplier of products and materials across the Building and Construction industry.
Reporting to a Senior Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for providing legal support to all functions of the business nationally across a very diverse range of matters.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Representation in commercial and legal negotiations.
- Advising on corporate law issues.
- Advising on competition law issues.
- Drafting of precedent documents.
- Advising the Health Safety and Environment Group on strategic projects, regulatory compliance issues and litigated matters.
- Playing a leading role in driving innovation and improvement of the Legal function.
- Assisting in the development and presentation of legal training to employees (including but not limited to competition law and contracts).
- Providing guidance to other members of the team on the projects for which they are responsible.
- Instructing and managing external legal service providers as required.
The Successful Applicant
The role requires someone with a depth of experience in general commercial law and the desire and ability to develop and advise on a range of different areas, including environment and safety, competition, corporate and other business issues.
KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Solicitor admitted to practice in NSW with a minimum 4 year's experience in general corporate and commercial law.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills including the capacity to explain in simple terms legal concepts to members of the business, including senior management.
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
- The aptitude and willingness to learn and develop.
- The ability to work autonomously in a busy legal environment.
- Excellent judgement and the ability to assess issues that can be dealt with autonomously and issues requiring escalation.
- Commitment to contribute to and advance an outstanding and supportive culture within the Legal team.
- Ability to represent the organisation confidently and competently in negotiations with external parties.
- Ability to process information and make decisions within tight time frames.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Advanced problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues quickly.
- An efficient time manager able to prioritise competing demands.
- Willingness to travel interstate if required from time to time.
What's on Offer
This is a fantastic opportunity and ideal for either an existing in-house lawyer or private practice professional looking to make that transition to a true, generalist role within a very dynamic team with deep relationships throughout the business and respected as a trusted advisor throughout the group globally.
Please call Maria Curtis for a confidential discussion on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV to mariacurtis @ michaelpage. com. au