LEGAL COUNSEL - GLOBAL ENGINEERING GIANT!
ADVISE ON A WIDE RANGE OF MATTERS
CLOSE-KNIT, COLLABORATIVE TEAM
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest engineering companies in the world!
They design and manufacture highly-engineered products and services across minerals, oil and gas, and power industries, operating in over 70 countries with around 14,000 employees worldwide.
Reporting directly to the Group General Counsel for Asia Pacific, you will join this close-knit and collaborative legal team advising on a full range of legal matters from every day commercial contracts to governance and compliance.
- Assist the Group General Counsel - Asia Pacific with all legal, corporate governance and company secretarial matters across the region.
- Develop close working relationships with the in Asia Pacific business to provide timely and commercially orientated legal advice.
- Assist with the regional implementation of Legal policies, including Codes of Conduct and Competition Manuals
- Identify, appoint and instruct external law firms as required.
- Identify opportunities for and provide legal training.
- Legal Skills - Deliver top quality legal advice in a complex and demanding business environment.
- Key Stakeholder Management - Assist develop an effective and efficient legal, governance and advisory culture and framework.
- Relationship Building - Listening and observing to understand the legal risk issues and helping to solve problems.
The Successful Applicant
- Admitted Solicitor with a minimum of 3-6 year's legal experience gained in a highly-regarded law firm or reputable in-house team. Prior in-house experience highly desirable.
- Prior experience acting for or working for major international companies.
- Complex international corporate and commercial transactions experience.
- Experience advising on strategic decisions, including acquisitions, regulatory, governance issues, legal and commercial risk, and complex litigation.
- prior experience handling employment, work health safety and industrial relations issues
- Mining experience desirable but not essential.
What's on Offer
Fantastic in-house role with a global engineering company offering growth, progression and a competitive remuneration package.