LEGAL COUNSEL - GLOBAL SUPPLY COMPANY
Global co-orporation leading the way in the supply of goods
Diverse role with great rewards, benefits and growth opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is a worldwide leader in the supply of goods and products in the building, construction and infrastructure space.
Our client is seeking a bright and ambitious commercial lawyer with approximately 10 year's PQE to join their close-knit and dedicated in-house team.
As part of the ANZ legal and compliance team, you will provide a range of legal advice, compliance training and related services across all business functions.
Reporting directly to the well-established and highly-skilled General Counsel for ANZ, this role will involve drafting, negotiating and finalising a broad range of commercial contracts and agreements from engineering and construction contracts to supply and services agreements, software licencing, marketing, sponsorship and promotion agreements.
You will also be the lead lawyer for all competition law and ACCC issues which will form a large part of your role.
The remainder will be advising on any broader corporate and commercial matters which may arise such as property law, environmental law, joint ventures, as well as general corporate governance and broad compliance advice.
You will also have the opportunity to participate in delivering training and rolling-out compliance initiatives across ANZ and get involved in the departmental strategy planning.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant:-
- A Solicitor admitted in NSW with approximately 10 years PQE from a reputable corporate and commercial practice group or well-established in-house team.
- Exceptional drafting and negotiating skills with a great eye-for-detail
- A competition law expert with prior ACCC experience (essential)
- Be able to demonstrate their experience with a broad range of commercial agreements
- Familiar with compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Strong commercial acumen and passionate about driving the business forward
- Ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally and engage with various stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency in developing and implementing legal strategies in a commercial context
- Extremely passionate, driven and dedicated to building your knowledge and skill set.
- Ability to adopt a strategic approach to problem solving.
What's on Offer
This opportunity offers:
- Attractive remuneration package
- Long term career development opportunities, both nationally and internationally
- A variety of training and development opportunities
- A collaborative and supportive working environment
- Fantastic mentoring and support from a highly-experienced team and well-established General Counsel
If you are currently working in private practice and looking to make the move in-house, or already in-house but fancy a change, please contact me for a confidential discussion on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV and academic transcripts . Alternatively, please click on the 'apply' button.